Schools for the Children of the World had another remarkable year in 2013:
- Over 8,700 students will benefit from new and renovated schools.
- Haiti: 14 schools were designed, 5 new schools were completed, and 4 more are currently under construction.
- Honduras: 7 new schools + 1 Center for Inclusive Education were built and 2 schools were renovated. 3 more are currently under construction.
- Liberia: 1 community learning center was designed and built.
- Nigeria: A new Pre-K – K building with 8 classrooms is under construction.
For more information about the work Schools for Children of the world has accomplished, take a look at the complete 2013 project list.
To accomplish these projects SCW have been using funds from donors to do the planning and design and to facilitate partnerships. These projects represent over $10 million in construction costs. This is a major bang for the buck. In the past we have been completing 1-2 schools per year. This past year we have been able to take less than $200,000 and leverage that do complete all of these projects.
To learn more about Schools for Children of the World and how you can get involved in 2014, please visit their website: http://www.schoolsforchildren.org/.